In today’s technical arena, everyone is planning to switch their email accounts to Cloud-based Office 365 platform. Many large as well as small organizations are rapidly switching to Cloud platform from on-premises Exchange environment to store their sensitive data. With Office 365, users can easily access their essential data anytime from anywhere. In this article, we are describing how one can import corrupt EDB file to Office 365.
What cause EDB file to get corrupt?
EDB files are often vulnerable to corruption due to various factors. Few of them are listed below:
- The sudden/abrupt shutdown of Exchange Server leads to EDB file corruption issue.
- Virus or malware attack.
- Sudden Exchange Server shutdown which causes EDB file corruption.
- Bad sectors on the hard drive.
- Hardware failure issues.
- Excessive storage limit.
- Human errors.
Why opt Cloud-based Office 365 over Exchange?
There are several reasons which compel the organizations to migrate EDB mailboxes to Office 365. Exchange data corruption is the primary concern for Exchange administrators which occurs due to virus or malware attack, software issues, hardware failure, accidental deletion of EDB files, etc. On the other hand, Office 365 is a safe and secure platform to store data which is accessible by anyone from anywhere using any portable device.
Key benefits of Cloud-based Office 365:
There are several benefits to opt Office 365 over on-premises Exchange Server. Few of them are as follows:
- Access data anytime, anywhere: Office 365 is a centralized cloud storage platform which allows users to access, store and view their emails and other data anytime from anywhere and any device. For this, all you just need to have an Internet connection to access the data from Cloud.
- Massive storage capacity: Storage capacity is always a concern for users. With Office 365, you can store a large number of data as it has the larger storage capacity to store data in the cloud.
- Top level data security: As far as data security is a concern, Office 365 has higher security than Exchange Server. Hence, there is no chance of losing data stored in the Cloud.
- Easy to Setup Office 365 account: There is no need to have the technical knowledge to setup and use Cloud-based Office 365. You just need to have a valid admin credential to use or access the Office 365 account.
- Reliable and compatible: Office 365 is reliable and compatible cloud-based platform. There are fewer chances of downtime of Office 365 as Microsoft has various datacenters globally. In case, if there is any interruption at one data-center, the user will be immediately transferred to another data-center with minimum interruption in service. Hence, it is more reliable than on-premises Exchange Server. Office 365 is also compatible with entire Windows or Mac OS versions.
Freeways to import corrupt EDB file to Office 365:
However, to perform such task, one needs to export EDB mailboxes to Outlook PST first, then you can import PST file to Office 365. There are two ways to import EDB file to Office 365 manually –
- Network Upload method: Using Network Upload method, one can upload the data file somewhere in the temp location in Microsoft cloud and then import service which is provided by Office 365 will help users to import data to mailboxes.
- Drive Shipping method: Using this method, the user needs to copy the entire data to the encrypted hard drive, and then hard drive should be physically shipped to Microsoft data center.
Professional solution to import EDB file to Office 365:
Performing manual methods is not an easy task for non-technical users. It takes a long time to export EDB file to Office 365 as there is no any direct method to export EDB file to Office 365. Therefore, one can opt for a professional third party EDB to PST Converter tool to import EDB file to cloud-based Office 365 just in a matter of minutes. It has few simple steps for a hassle-free migration.
The above-discussed article is helpful for the users who want to import EDB file to cloud-based Office 365. However, performing manual methods are a little bit tricky, time-consuming and also require technical knowledge. Hence, I believe choosing professional solution will be a wise decision.